A pallet’s lot is not always a happy one!
12th April 2018
When it’s not groaning under the weight of its load, it can be left alone and abandoned in wind, rain, hail and snow. It can be dropped, bashed, chipped, dragged and broken in all manner of ways. But if you’ve got pallets in all sorts of states of disrepair clogging up your factory premises, business or even back yard, take a moment to think that they could still be fit for purpose.
Instead of breaking them up, burning them or taking them to a landfill site, many could be rescued and cleaned for repair or re-use, giving them a longer pallet life.
And even if they’ve reached the end of their useful life for their original purpose, there is also the option of using them for craft projects.
Here’s some of the more imaginative ideas:
- Sofas: Use pallets to make a frame for a sofa, add some cushions and pillows, and sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and relax.
- Beds: Again, pallets could make quirky bedframes, especially for kids, and with a nice comfy mattress over the top, who knows the difference from an expensive wooden bedframe?
- Coffee tables: Industrial chique? Take a pallet, add wheels and a glass top, and you could have a striking addition to your lounge! Varnish the pallet and you might not even need the glass top!
- Office furniture: Work in a business that uses pallets? How about turning a pallet into a desk? It could lead to all sorts of innovative ideas for office furniture and be a talking point for customers!
- Garden: Thinking of doing some decking in the garden? How about making use of some old pallets to give your decking an unusual look?
- Wine racks: We all need somewhere to store our wine? Think about that gap in the pallet where the forklift picks them up. Ideal size for some bottles, possibly? Just a thought . . (cheers)!
Once you start thinking about it, the pallet could actually be a versatile piece of equipment rather than a pile of old wood left in the corner.
And even if you don’t fancy any of the recycling projects above (and I’m sure there are lots more), at least think of putting your old pallets to good use.
Inter County Logistics will collect your pallets, in whatever state they are in, and make sure they have the chance of a fuller life!
Call FREEPHONE 0800 035 0448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information